Thursday, November 22, 2007

SUPERSTITION

He had never been superstitious, but after what happened to Toshi Zappy began doubting. Toshi had been working perfectly, but one day someone came asking about her and her specs, and the next day she was dying…that was so weird, what if it was the “evil eye”?! What if it came back to kill eLGina too? He needed to do something about it; that’s why he went to Istanbul, to get the strongest “evil eye” amulet he could find…now his beloved eLGina has nothing to worry about!
Btw, I really don’t believe in superstitions, I tried to explain that to Zappy, hope he gets the idea! – As in all societies, here in Lebanon superstitions persist, and the most striking example is the 'ain, the "evil eye"… Here’s a little study I know you’ll enjoy…

8 comments:

Bernardo Díaz Carrizo said...

Hola hace tiempo que no visitaba tu blog y como siempre me encuentro con unas excelentes ilustraciones.
Como sabes, me encanta el estilo de tu trabajo....tu gráfica es tan simple pero de una genialidad única!!!
Felicitaciones.

Larry Lee said...

Very nice work. I like your style.

pati said...

Ay Zari, me encantaron estas tres illos, estás de lo más prolífica con tu cuadernito. ¡Me encanta!

Qué bueno que Zappy está cuidando a LGina, uno no cree en brujas, pero...

Besotes :)

JC said...

These are such wonderful illos Zari! I love your storytelling ability too! The illo with the blue amulets is especially nice, with the blue really standing out against the black and white. Really great job!

JC said...

by the way, as I mentioned I'm tagging you to share 5 random things about yourself! =)

Recursos para tu blog - Ferip - said...

Yo tampoco soy supersticiosa!!! jaja!!!! Qué maravilla, Zari...qué maravilla tu creatividad y tu buen humor.
Gracias por visitarme, me encanta el diseño...Soy maestra de niños y todo esto me genera muchas ideas.

Te mando un besazo!!! Muá!

mike r baker said...

Excellent, Zari! I love the hand-drawn images - it really shows a great range. Great work! These eyes are all over Turkey too. A friend came back from there with the glass amulets as well as the eye all over pillows and such.

PaMdora said...

Yikes, I'm just now watching a tv show about the evil eye -- good topic for Illo friday!