Thursday, April 3, 2008

HOMAGE


"Vacation day at my grandparent’s house”… Homage to an image from the past that will always be in my heart and mind. Drawn with all my love to my grandparents, but also with much sadness for knowing that my grandpa doesn’t remember us anymore; I know that there is no escape from old age, but I can’t help feeling sad, especially when being so far away. / “Un día de vacaciones en casa de mis abuelos”… Tributo a una imagen del pasado que estará siempre en mi mente y corazón. Con mucho cariño para mis abuelos, pero también con mucha tristeza al saber que mi abuelo ya no nos recuerda; se que la vejez es ley de vida, pero no puedo evitar sentirme triste, sobre todo al estar tan lejos.

Note for all who have asked about the procedure: 1.pencil sketch, 2.Tracing with black permanent markers, 3.Scan, 4.Photoshop for colors (I used more colors that usual because the illo takes place in Venezuela, and for me there can be nothing there without color!) / Para todos los que me han preguntado sobre la técnica: 1.boceto a lápiz, 2.dibujo todo con marcadores negros de tinta permanente, 3.scan, 4.colores en Photoshop (esta vez con muchos más colores, especialmente el amarillo, azul y rojo porque todo en la imagen tiene lugar en Venezuela, y para mi, alla no hay nada que no tenga color!)

22 comments:

pati said...

¡Qué molleja, Zari! Te pasaste :D

Está explotada de bella esta illo :')

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

very nice illo ..

remain.anonymous said...

Awww.. don't worry dear. Cherish the moment with him even though he didn't remember us anymore. *hugs*
-----------------
I love the illo Zari. Its great. ;)

pupu
http://bubbly-pu.com

Teresa said...

really wonderful illustration!

Cara Carmina said...

Zari! very cute!!! love your blog!

come visit my children illustration blog... you might like it! I see we share some links like tipika and eendar which are so good!!!

www.caracarmina.blogspot.com

its in spanish and english!

good luck!

Bobo said...

This is a warm and sweet illo. Black and white or color, doesn't make much different for me, I love them all.

San said...

wow. thats amazing!! great job!

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

zari, this is such a sweet image and I can tell it is very sentimental. I was thinking it looks a little different than what you usually do but then I realized you used a bit more color in this one :-) Its a lovely piece.

Sam said...

Amazing illustration, Zari. You really are a very talented artist!

Gustavo Pinela. said...

Me encanta!, Me encanta!, Me encanta!, Me encanta!, Me encanta!, Me encanta!, Jajaja, gracias por hablar un poco de la técnica y me ha echo ilusión y gracia el echo de ver un periodico en Español; nunca fui a suramerica, pero seguro que todso por allí es "colorido".

Saludo;)

jessitsoi said...

que bello zari!!! sin leer la explicación ya se sentía calor maracuco en ella
saludos!

zime said...

Que bello!!! cuando te conectas con los sentimientos mas profundos solo puedes crear cosas bellas, coloridas y luminosas!!!
Querida Zari, gracias por compartir un pedacito de tu corazón con nosotros.
(^v^)

Zari said...

Hello everyone! I'm so glad to to know you liked this illo; because as Zime said, it's a little part of my heart...thanks!

Hola! Me alegra mucho saber que les gusto esta ilustracion porque como dice Zime es un pedacito de mi corazon...muchas gracias!

Mônica said...

Oh, Zari, it's quite lovely and very touching. You can see how much love and tenderness when into creating it.
And thanks for sharing your process, I admire your style so much!

ANGELLUZ said...

Hola Zari, justamente me preguntaba sobre la hermosa técnica que utilizas para hacer tus maravillosos dibujos y mira, nos has contestado.
El tema de los abuelos es UNIVERSAL, por que es AMOR INCONDICIONAL.
Bellos todos tus trabajos

mushroommeadows said...

I love this. I really do. It's just so sweet. :)

-M@R!- said...

Que belleza, gracias por dibujarme, me trajo recuerdos, lastima la situacion del abuelo....
:,(

阪戸みほ Miho Sakato said...

hello Zari

very peaceful Illustration!

i wish you and your grandparent's happiness..

kisses

JC said...

Oh, this is such a wonderful, beautiful illustration! Full of life and love and a perfect homage to all that mean so much to you. =)

Paola De Gaudio said...

Tu homenaje es tan hermoso Zari, habla de todo el amor que solo la familia puede darte, son marcas que llevamos para siempre estemos donde estemos. Aunque con el tiempo las cosas cambien nada puede quitarnos esa unión, esa fuerza.
Muchos abrazos :)

willynillywaterlily said...

What a great illustration depicting such fond memories! It really warms my heart and makes me think of my own family. Thank you for sharing it!

rosmayd said...

esta composion me encanta, es hermosa tan llena de cositas, texturas y el color, claro digno de Venezuela, una cosita, que le paso al abuelo?.

bello, besoss ro